I can’t believe there are only two weeks left before staff and students return to school. Hopefully, by now most of you have received your summer letter from your new teacher and are getting excited to come to school!
It’s not too late to catch up on your summer reading, or spend some time getting your brain used to learning again. Here are some tips:
- Write a letter to me or your new teacher. Email counts and we love to get them!
- Ask someone at home to help you try a new recipe. Do all the measuring yourself.
- Play a game – try your own version of Hangman, or how about Scrabble, Bananagrams, or Pairsinpears? I just learned that last one on vacation and am addicted to it!
- Help make the grocery list and then go shopping. Bring a pencil and paper to keep a running tally of how much you think it will cost.
- Read, read, then read some more. Books, magazines, the back of cereal boxes, e-readers, comics, etc. It doesn’t matter what you’re reading, just that you are!
- Send postcards to your family, friends, or to school from your vacation. Be sure to use descriptive language so people can visualize where you are.
I said “two weeks” at the top of this post, but you really have 17 days. What are you going to do with them?